Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Hello.

Today I stumbled upon this old blog.

This old blog that only dear, darling Zach and Jessica ever read :)

And I thought to myself that I used to write. I used to write a lot. And I re-read some old things. And I wanted to delete the old things that made me cringe, the things that aren't true anymore. But I can't do that, right? Because they were true once. Life, it keeps a'flowin!

I wanted to write a big long post about everything I've done since I only made it through ONE week of the self-care boot camp I set for myself four years ago.

I did move to Austin. I spent three beautiful, amazing years there and met some of the people who helped me be fully authentically me. I think for the first time.

I tried to keep dating that ex, that love of my life. Who is not the love of my life. Who never was, which I can say without any of that pesky sadness or leftover anger.

I fell in love with someone else. And then I left anyway.

And moved to Montana.

Where I live now.

Where I know almost no people, despite having been here for  year. Where I love my job passionately, and feel that the rest of my life is severely lacking.

Where I'm trying to figure out how to turn over a few stones that need turned over in my soul. Where I'm trying to take it just a little bit deeper.

Where I'm trying to write more.

No comments:

Post a Comment